Introducing Rising NY Artist: X-fiya



What is your name and what city do you rep?


My name is X-fiya. Pronounced as Crossfiya. I lived on the border of Queens and Long Island. So I represent Rosedale and Valley Stream, I currently live in the Stuy. (Bedford Stuyvesant)

Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them?

Taste is the latest release. Summer was coming up and I wanted to create a cute little summer bop.

What is unique about you and your music?

Other than the fact I pen 100 percent of my stuff, I also dip into more than one genre, I  sing and rap.

What shaped your music? 

Realness, cockiness, inspiration and creativity.

When did you realize you were going to make music professionally? 

When I was 17

What type of music do you listen to? 

Soca, trap, R & B. Those are the top 3.

What inspires you to write music? 

Creativity, love, and my knowledge of my talent.

What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about? 

I work as an educator, spend time with gang, burn incense, and practice pole dancing for exercise. A lot of people don’t think of it as exercise but it builds upper body strength, core strength, and stamina.

Happiness to you is… 

Financial and mental wealth. Having the reward of experiencing different types of love.

What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out? 

Don’t lose your soul but don’t be afraid to step on necks, you will need this type of mentality. You can be kind and also establish that you’re not to be reckoned with.

Tell us about your upcoming projects...

As of now I am working on perfecting  the album. It’ll be a mix of R & B and Trap.

Where do we find you music / music projects?  

Spotify is the most recognized platform but my music is on most of the platforms:Apple, Deezer, Tidal, Shazam, YouTube. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.