Introducing Rising Brooklyn Artist: Blizz Vito


What is your name and what city do you rep?

Blizz Vito. I am born and raised in Brooklyn in the Clinton Hills section which is the home of the Notorious B.I.G. I am of Panamanian descent.

Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them?

Brooklyn has the whole world listening right now to Brooklyn drill movement. I am part of the movement.  Opp Down was underground hit with around 6 million streams.  The Opp Down Part 2 was a chance to just intensify the energy and lyrics and work with 808 Melo to produce a classic drill anthem again.  

What is unique about you and your music?

I am 21 years old, self-made, the CEO of Bossed Up Music, own my masters, and I am over 16 million plus streams all independently with no co-signs just hard work in one year.  I am blessed to be able to move from melodic rap to drill rap to lyrical raps without hesitation. I studied the rappers from my hood Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G. I also listened to 50 Cent and I understand that you have to be diverse in style, delivery and lyrics.  You  also have to bring the real life into your lyrics.  I went from trapping to rapping so I bring that reality. Each one of my singles, you can see the diversity and growth reflected in the music, rhymes and artwork.

What shaped your music? 

Jay-Z and Biggie Smalls becsuse they are from Brooklyn and Lil Bibby and Chief Keef were two artists I listened to in middle school.

When did you realize you were going to make music professionally?

At 19, when I made my publishing company. I focused my mind and said if Gucci Mane and Jay-Z could switch from hustling and trapping then I could do the same.  Once I made my first video and debuted on WorldstarHipHop and got over 1 million views and then over 1 million views on YouTube it was validation that I was here to make a mark.  My goal Is to be an inspiration to future generations to be an entrepreneur.

What type of music do you listen to?

I listen to Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Nas, Lil Wayne and Drake.  

What inspires you to write music?

My environment inspires me. I look at my community and try to reflect that energy.  

What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about?

I play basketball and coach young kids in basketball.

Happiness to you is…

Having a peace of mind and stress free.

Tell us about your upcoming projects...

I have a mixtape Trappers Bible and doing a soundtrack to Opp Down the movie (Drill Season).

Where do we find you music / music projects?

Spotify, Apple, ITunes, YouTube, SoundCloud

Any last words for the readers?  

Never let someone tell you what you can be or what you can become. Anything is possible with focus and dedication. We have to stand for something. Black Lives Matter is a consciousness and we must stay woke.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.